Today I wanted to share with you all some of my favorite healthy snacks. We all get in that mood when we really need to snack on something and its a killer for a lot of us. So I like to make snacks that I don’t feel guilty about eating, even when I go overbroad and eat them all!
It’s so easy to pick up a bag of chips and devour the entire thing. I’m so guilty. Sour cream and onion is my big weakness. Now I have yet to make these in different flavors, however that is definitely soon to come.
Sweet Potato ChipsSo for my first snack recipe we’ll be making sweet potato chips! These little babies pack all kinds of great benefits! Those being heart health, help control blood sugar levels and maintain energy, can help reduce stress and build your immune system! I love these so much but getting them as thin as you can is a big plus. That makes them extra crispy and delicious! So far I’ve only made them plain, but if you love sweet potatoes then it won’t matter! I didn’t even add salt!
Here’s how I did it:
- Prep the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice sweet potato as thinly as possible, I used just a knife and didn’t get them quite as thin as I’d like.
- Lay out some parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Lay each slice down on the parchment paper until it is fully covered, DO NOT OVERLAP!
- Spray with coconut oil or olive oil, but definitely use a spray, it worked so great!
- Top with salt, or seasoning of choice.
- Baked for 20-30 minutes depending on thickness.
- Watch them closely so they don’t burn!
- Let cool if desired and then place them in snack size baggies or one big bag!
This next snack I love to eat tons and tons of, which it’s kinda okay since they’re good for you!
Edamame are also a really great treat for your body! They help improve your digestive system, help manage your weight, build your immune system and a healthy heart! I like to buy the big bags in the freezer section just because I like to eat a lot of them. But all I do is fill a microwavable bowl with them and fill that with water so it’s just covering all the pods. Then I microwave them for 5 minutes! Drain the water, and sprinkle a little salt! So delicious and healthy!
Another great snack when you’re in need of something sweet and salty! Definitely follow your portions with this one though because there is such thing as too much of a good thing! Trail mix is packed with protein and nutrients! I do half cup or one full cup if I’m eating something lighter for my next meal.
What snacks do you like to munch on? Send me your ideas and I’ll share them! Thanks for reading and stay healthy!